The third edition of Magnum Day took place on Saturday, September 11th. The event was organized by the Circolo Nautico e della Vela Argentario with the patronage of the Municipality of Monte Argentario and the Italian Power Boating Federation and registered the participation of numerous boats not only from the Argentario ports. The demonstration should have been held in July, but the adverse weather conditions and the difficulties deriving from the pandemic situation have led to the postponement.
The uncertain weather conditions that preceded the date of the event had an impact on the participation of boats from ports not located on the Argentario. Nonetheless, the organizing committee decided not to postpone the event further in the deep conviction that even with a small number of boats the spirit of friendship and sporting participation, which is the basis of such initiatives, would have benefited anyway. The confirmation came from the positive opinions expressed towards the organizers by all the participants through the special chat created for the occasion. At the appointment for the departure, there were 7 boats, including two Magnum 35s, two Magnum 38s, a Magnum 40, a Magnum 45, and a Magnum 50 Bestia.
The program was as follows:
- At 10:30 an appointment for the departure off Porto Ercole and together all en route to the Island of Giglio.
- Arriving at Giglio, before going down to Porto, stop at Cala dell’Allume, bath and aperitif in water with oysters, shellfish, and champagne offered, as per tradition, by a generous owner.
- At 1.30 pm entrance into the port and mooring on the quay.
- The participants were welcomed by the Captain of the Harbor Master’s Office, Graziano Chimenti who also sent welcome greetings from the Mayor to the CNVA President Claudio Boccia and all the owners and their guests on board, about 35 people.
- Following lunch at a restaurant, delivery of a souvenir dish together with personalized t-shirts and cap for this edition.
- In the afternoon, circumnavigation of the island and then return to the Argentario.
- Appointment for the 4th edition destined to take more and more “feet” (nautical of course).